Saturday, April 05, 2008

Stranger #15

Jonny Berglund

So I'm on the bike, and turning a corner at Ribby in Västerhaninge today, I see that there's a funfair in town! The kid in me takes control and I decide to check it out. And that's how I met my Stranger #15 for the 100 Strangers project. This is Jonny Berglund. He runs the Berglund Tivoli. It's a family affair. The wife is involved. As are the three kids, Johan, Jennifer and Jimmy. When they are not in school that is. But as you can see on my three previous flickr photos, they are always with him. For eight months of the year the funfair travels the roads in Sweden and Finland. They have all sorts of Merry-go-rounds, carousels, chocolate wheels, sidestalls, games and other exciting stuff for kids of all ages. To see all that they can offer I recommend you take a look at these photos from their web site. Jonny told me that the funfair has been around for more than 100 years! It was started by Jonny's great grandfather back in 1896. How is that for a lifestyle with a difference. He gladly posed for a portrait (despite being busy setting up all the attractions with the help of his staff), as he informed me that they would be here until Sunday, and that I was welcome to come back again. So if you hear someone scream from a merry-go-round tomorrow it's probably me!

No comments: