Monday, February 18, 2008

Meet Rolf Sander

Rolf Sander

This is Rolf Sander, (he's the guy without the helmet). I met him today at Lyngsta where he lives. Lyngsta is a small village with some eight or nine houses. Rolf turned out to be a nice guy, a collector. Anything that relates to the time when he grew up he will buy. Cars, trucks, you name it. He invited me to have a look around in his tool shop and in his unique house that he has built from scratch, I took a bunch of photos of course. Rolf used to be married and has a few kids (grown up), but today he lives on his own. He is full of ideas, and if possible, would like to set up a 1950s gas station (he already has a couple of pumps), and also build a typical Swedish hot dog kiosk from the same area here in the village. In the summer time he sells wooden water barrels. We took a walk around the houses and met a few of the neighbours. Rolf showed me the oldest house that dates back to 1763 (photos later). Today an Englishman lives there. I talked a little with him and decided to come back later in the year for more photos of that building. One of the neighbours is a Swedish celebrity, Bosse Larsson, I missed him with around one hour, he had just left for a tour around the country, but Rolf showed me around that place as well. He also told me about some of the people that lived in the village many years ago but that's another story.
This picture is #2 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers website or the 100 Strangers flickr group.

1 comment:

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Smart guy. I knew only the late 60's Swedish hot dog kiosks,they were fine, th eDannish and Finnish as well.