Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cheers!

Cheers!

I visited the Christmas market in Västerhaninge today. Arranged by the homestead society Haninge Hembygdsgille. They served glögg (Mulled wine) and pepparkakor (Gingerbread cookies). Here you see me in the old Janstorp cottage with Anita Stjernström, one of the members of the society, she's also the author of a book about a (historical), murder story at Näringsberg. The dress that Anita is wearing is a regional costume from Österhaninge. I will show a few more photos from this event tomorrow. Cheers!

Oh, and if you are curious. This photo was taken by a woman who wanted to be known at the baker! She's the one to the left on this photo (link).

10 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Cheers to you! Good to see you enjoying some time in front of the camera.

Antjas said...

I am lucky to have a friend of Swedish decent who honors me with an assortment of Swedish cookies at Christmas. Among them are pepparkakor. She will not share her recipes.
It appears you had a lovely time with the bakers.

brattcat said...

This lovely lady does NOT look like the author of a murder mystery. I guess you can't judge anyone by their appearance, although you appear quite merry, Steffe!

Leif Hagen said...

Oh, Steffe, those ladies just love you!
Skal! I want some pepparkakor med glogg och risgrot!
Nu ar det snart Jul igen!

Kate said...

I'll have one of each please, especially the pepparkakor (maybe several of those!).

Gunn said...

Going to places like this is sooooo nice!

Don and Krise said...

Nice photo Steffe. We know, you are much to busy entertaining the ladies to be taking the pictures too.

Three Rivers, Michigan said...

You must be very tall, or the ceiling is very low! I had glogg last year in the Swedish district in Chicago (US). I think it would be better with the cookies.
Three Rivers Daily Photo

Amy said...

Cheers back at you - looks like my type of place to be!

Allison said...

That's one foxy babe in the picture!