Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Girl in the Red Coat

The Girl in the Red Coat

The girl in the red coat is Emma. I met her in Handen last week. She told me that red was her favorite color. And that it was her grandmother who told her that she would look good in red. Emma was on her way to the mall, where she was going to buy birthday gifts to her mother, who will be forty five years old by now. And also to her brother, who will no longer be a teenager when you read this. I asked Emma if she had any fun hobbies, but she said that her job in a store and the fact that she has a kid was more then enough to fill up her days.

13 comments:

John said...

Little Red Riding Hood.

Don and Krise said...

I say wear it, and wear it proudly. She looks very nice.

eamon@ewmphotography said...

What a stunning coat - I think there is a rebel inside her conservative soul just dying to break free. She needs a hobby to help that happen...

Lowell said...

The girl in red. Wasn't there a movie by that name? Emma does look good in red!

Another nice portrait!

brattcat said...

This proves without question that we should always listen to our grandmothers. Great shot.

Gunn said...

Chris De Burgh`s song: " The Lady in red" was the first I thought about...
Yes, her grandmother is right, read looks very nice on her. ( I can`t make up my mind, if she is very tall or not... )
Anyway, a very nice portrait, and I KNEW it was one of your photos Steffe,-long before I read the text under the "little photo".

VP said...

She's perfect in red. I think Eamon could be right...

Tinsie said...

Her grandmother is right - she does look good in red!

Lois said...

I love the red coat! Red was my grandmother's favorite color and we all wore red to her funeral.

Leif Hagen said...

Allison and I made a $5 wager whether she's "commando" under the red coat . . . .

Stefan Jansson said...

Ha! One of my flickr friends had the same idea, I promise to ask her about if and when I see her again.

Antjas said...

Steffe, I was at the airport in Boston the other day and there were all these people from Sweden waiting for their flight home. Anyway, I kept looking at these people and thinking that one of these faces must have been the subject ofone of your photos. I almost felt like asking if anyone knew Steffe.

Allison said...

It seems to me that anyone in Sweden who knows what the American term "commando" means, probably goes around commando...