Friday, March 23, 2007

Lost?

Lost?

Are you like me and don't care much about mosses? Then you shouldnt follow me now as I have entered the deep forest at the nature reserve in Jordbro. It's called Gullringskärret and there's 150 types of mosses in this forest. You will find Piprensarmossa, gyllen-mossa, nordtuffmossa and purpurvitmossa. But there's more than moss here, like gullpudra, skogsnycklar, kärrfibbla and the beautiful brudborsten. So what are you waiting for, lets go! The best time to visit is in the summer if you are a bird fan. If you like moss, October is your month. I walked for about an hour and I had to be careful as the many footbridges over the creek were wery slippery. I followed the red dots on the trees but despite that I came out of the forest one km from where I had planned and where my bike was parked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful forest and the moss adds to its distinctive nature. It makes it look a lot older than any of the trees in the forest. I like your photograph.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I appreciate that. Brookville Daily Photo