Monday, March 05, 2007

Happiness is a Balcony

Happiness is a Balcony II

In this country happiness is a balcony. If you don't have one, your life is worthless. Swedes can pay anything to get a balcony and then spend every summer evening there enjoying a drink or two. And what better way to start your day then breakfast on the balcony? Or sunbathing on your balcony. And it's not just summer. Anytime of the year will do. Ask anyone of us and we will tell tell you so. And that's why this photo is so upsetting! What is wrong with these people...

6 comments:

alice said...

Spring cleaning?

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!

Z said...

Let's hope it is spring cleaning as Alice suggests.

Balconies are very important in Switzerland as well. I think most apartments have at least a tiny one. I love how people really seem to treasure them and decorate them with plants and such.

stromsjo said...

Well I'd volunteer as the exception then. I've spent 17 years in my apartment without finding any use for the balcony. Guests keep telling me how fortunate I am. Gotta be missing something fundamental here.

Mine does not resemble this one though. Instead you might think of it as an empty spot, much like the builders left it in October 1989. I vacuum-clean it twice a year, that's it I guess.

Sorry to skew your statistics! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL ! yes, they perhaps are spring cleaning..i'm guilty of using the balcony as storage area

Priscilla said...

I don't have a balcony...but I have a porch. It would be a pity to pile junk there.