Saturday, October 16, 2021

Solar-powered headphones

Urbanista
Back in the early Summer, I read about a new pair of headphones that were on their way to the market. From the Swedish maker Urbanista. Cordless, of course. Sleek. And solar-powered! I saw myself riding my eBike wearing them all the time and never having to see them go out of power as they charge non-stop. They also have Noise-cancellation, so you have the option to hear the traffic while riding, which is vital. So I ordered them on the spot. And then I waited, and waited. And I received an email that said soon, very soon. Then more waiting until earlier this week when they finally arrived! You can quick-charge them using the charger I use for my smartphone, so forty minutes after I got them I was wearing them. And they sound great.

5 comments:

s.c said...

Sorry but I wonder if this still helps the world in a good way or just another way to
consume irreplaceable resources.

William Kendall said...

An unusual purchase from my perspective.

Sharon said...

What a fantastic idea. You will have to let us know how they hold up.

Stefan Jansson said...

I tried them on my ride to Stockholm yesterday, Sharon. I could hear the traffic when I needed to, so that was good. Also, nice to have some music in my ears while riding on the bike path that follows the motorway, and NOT hearing that noise. Only problem is the sound from the wind as I'm riding so fast!

Amy said...

I've never heard of them but what a great idea.