Thursday, February 25, 2021

The Plank II

Really?
I wonder what the Stockholm Beauty Council would say about this. This fence barrier can be found at Sjögläntan, part of a new housing area at Parkstråket in Handen. I first photographed it in early January which at least one of my readers noticed. If you happen to live on the first floor at the new apartment building this is your new view. Oh, and they wouldn't say anything because this is in Haninge and I don't think we have a beauty council here. Anyway without the fence barrier here you would see a lawn, a walkway and another, (temporary), housing area.

7 comments:

s.c said...

Must it work as a soundwall? Hope it is temporary. The plants on it are not found in the swedish nature.

Stefan Jansson said...

I don't know if it is temporary but I sure hope so. Time will tell I guess. If it were a soundwall it would have been smarter to have it towards the busy Nynäsvägen from where I snapped the photo.

Bill said...

That's a pity, I would hope that it's temporary. I never heard of a beauty council, maybe it's like our tidy towns. They watch over the town and make sure it is in pristine condition. There is a competition every year for the best tidy town/city. Lots of categories, people get in to it and awards are giving.

Marleen said...

It is certainly not something that you would like looking at, if you live on the ground floor.

William Kendall said...

Peculiar.

JudithK said...

I find this very odd, it's attractive in a way, in and of itself, but what for here? Odd to me,anywhere, any country, any continent. Oh well, I am old.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm pretty sure this will be temporary Steffe and looking out on greenery surely must be calmer than looking out on a blank plank 😉