Sunday, May 29, 2016

Targa Florio Svecia

Saab 96 Volvo P1800
The rain stopped just before I jumped on the bike for the ride down to the Häringe castle yesterday. I visited the first annual Targa Florio Svecia. Around 100 cars took part in the event. They started in Handen at the Port 73 mall and then followed a 100 km course before arriving to the old castle. It will be a patriotic start with two Swedish cars. A Saab 96 from 1967 with everything original except for the GoPro camera. The second car was the first one to reach Häringe. It's VolvoP1800 from 1963.

7 comments:

s.c said...

The Volvo looks still modern. Great design.

Sharon said...

I love the Saab!

William Kendall said...

The second one's my favourite.

Lasse Jansson said...

Två bra bilbilder på två väldigt olika modeller. Päronhalvan från Saab har på något konstigt sätt vuxit på mig och har något speciellt. Inte bara nostalgi utan en besynnerligt tilltalande personlighet. Den designmässiga fullträffen är dock Volvos P1800 som håller än idag. Mekaniken och motorn är sedan länge utdaterade men oj vilken snygg bil det är!

Bob Crowe said...

They are different but each beautiful. I had a Saab 5000 way back when. I miss it. Plus three Volvos over the years.

Gunn said...

We had a Saab 900s a long time ago. Safe and good. This Saab looks FUN, and the Volvo.... looks fantastic!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I don't know much about cars Steffe, but even I can see that these beauties are well loved :)