Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Smells like almond

Mandelblomma Spring Herbs Using my new extension tubes lately I have been spending a lot of time crawling around on grassy fields. You have to go low down to spot the tiny plants growing everywhere. This herb is called Mandelblomma. Mandel means Almond in Swedish and the flower smells a bit like almond. The English name is meadow saxifrage. It is a very tiny flower, just a few millimeters wide. It groves on a little hill side not far from the old tree. I didn't know the name of it so I asked my blogging friend Lasse who came to the rescue.

9 comments:

Leeds daily photo said...

Very nice, and thanks to your friend the name.

Mersad said...

Amazing photos. Very simple but so effective.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Leeds daily photo said...

Sorry one thing I should have mentioned...
I had a stroke, 5 months spent in hospital. I had a stroke in 2013 in January that year. I am slowly getting better! http://www.yorkshiredailyphoto.com

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Too lovely Steffe, super work with the macro.

Luis Gomez said...

Gorgeous!

William Kendall said...

It does look beautiful!

RedPat said...

It's a pretty little thing!

Bob Crowe said...

Extension tubes are the photographer's friend. I had a teacher once who said you are not a real nature photographer unless the front of your shirt is dirty.

VP said...

They say that if it smells of almond it's dangerous, but it looks beautiful!