Wednesday, April 18, 2012

And the winner is...

Look what I won!

Just Hanging There

The Hedgehog

I'm in bed at the moment. Feeling a bit under the weather, so I don't have any fresh photos to show you. So instead you will have to do with this.

The municipality arranged a photo contest a while back. The theme was wild animals. I added four photos that all made it to the final. Two of my photos that you can see in this post finished first and second. The day after the contest I visited City Hall in Handen where I picked up my prices. A clever bike mug from Aladdin. A bird book with 150 bird songs that you can listen to while reading and looking at the photos. Jamie Oliver's Recycled Glass Water Bottle (with one water glass). Two towels made of bamboo. Free tickets to Skansen. And also a great photo book by the famous nature photographer Claes Grundsten, about the Tyresta national park, a place that I visit every now and then. Here is the book. Not bad at all!

11 comments:

Lowell said...

Congratulations! You do human and animal portraits very well and should be recognized for your efforts!

Unknown said...

The image of the red squirrel is amazing! The other too - totally see how you won this contest!

Judy said...

Congratulations on winning the contest! I can see why. Hope you feel better soon.

Clueless in Boston said...

I hope you feel better soon. Great wildlife shots and congratulations on winning the contest!

Rob Siemann said...

The squirrel photo is amazing! Take care, and get well.

Julie said...

Yes, the squirrel is a wonderful portrait, Steffe. And well done for winning ... but ...

We need a report on how nice the bamboo towels are for use after a bath. Do they scratch? Do they absorb?

PS ... get well soon!

Deb said...

Well done you, the red squirrel is a great photo. Hope you are out and about with the camera again soon.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh well done Steffe, and well deserved also they are brilliant shots. Like the look of the book that you can hear the bird noises too, cool! Take care, I hope you feel better soon.

AL said...

By now I hope that you are up and fighting fit again, Steffe. WOW! Congratulations on your photos...great images, and well worthy of the fabulous prizes.

Mr Paul said...

What a great shot of the squirrel, almost like he is posing for a snap.
Paul

Scylla said...

Åh! Grattis! Du är så duktig!
Och den där ekorrmagen vill man ju bara pussa på :)