Friday, March 13, 2009

A White Winter Sky

Winter in Sweden

We have had a white winter sky in Haninge for the last few days. And with that I mean a snow fall or two. Which makes for good photo opportunities. This is a place called Sveaborg. It's located next to the runestone I showed you yesterday. The property was built back in the 1920ths when Josef and Henny Emanuelsson started a greenhouse business here. Later the Roos family bought the plant nursery and they built a new home closer to the greenhouses that are just down the road. This is one of those places that I often photograph, and on this occasion it was the Swedish flag that brought some extra color to this beautiful scene and I decided it would be perfect for Skywatch Friday.

12 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Lovely winter sky and scene.

Lowell said...

Perfectly composed and exposed. And it's sharp, too. Great job. The color extremes are very effective.

Jim said...

A picture postcard scene.

Sally in WA said...

I love how the snow makes the red paint on the buildings pop. And the flag makes it even better. :-)

Arnaud said...

Very nice shot, the house colors are so beautifull !

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

this is gorgeous! a perfect winter scene. I can see why you are ready for Spring though. I signed up as a follower on your blog but it would not take my photo, nonwtheless i am there!

ssssssssss said...

Sv: Du har självklart helt rätt! Härlig blogg föresten..

valeria said...

What a wonderful contrast between the soft white and the sharp dark red. Stunning!

Unknown said...

The sky's almost the color of the snow. Beautiful image

Stefan Jansson said...

I have made a few postcards from my photos for a local organisation. The winter photos was a big hit.

Marie said...

(borde man kommentera på engelska??)
Thats my friends house :) kind of funny

Stefan Jansson said...

Sånt är ju alltid kul! Man får kommentera på både svenska och engelska. Jag har ytterligare bilder på Sveaborg. Det blir nästan alltid bra bilder här.