Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Malin Schön

Malin Schön

A while back I got a comment on one of my flickr photos. The commenter was a bit upset (in a friendly way), that I hadn't managed to photograph any of her horses! Well, yesterday I met the commenter in question by chance. This is Malin Schön. Originally from Helsinki, she now lives with her husband in Krigslida here in Haninge. Malin is crazy about Icelandic Horses . She works as a horse instructor at the riding school at the Fors Horse Farm (when she's not competing with her horses). She is also a certified massage therapists. And she spends a lot of her time at the Mulsta Horse Farm where I met her today.

As I really enjoyed the 100 Strangers Project, I have decided to continue with that type of portraits. And this is the first one.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Originally I'm from Door County, Wi and since I've moved and have had a life here in MN, my family still vacations there. At the tip of the Peninsula is Washington Island which we prefer since the County has gotten too touristy over the years. One of the treats on the Island is a stable that rents Icelandic horses. They are wonderful animals! Incidentally, the portrait is wonderful...love it!

Kate said...

PS. I've just looked at some of your Flickr photos and plan to spend more time perusing them. Are you an equestrian yourself, Steffe?