Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Quarnevalen

Vikings Orkester Cristiano Qwittra  live Mystery Machine Bastuba Quarnevalen Stridsvagn Quarnevalen 800 grader...
Ten photos from the carnival in Stockholm over the weekend. Called Quarnevalen in Swedish. 1500 students from The Royal Institute of Technology took part this year. They spend around a week building the 100 floats. 400 000 people flock the streets to look at the spectacle. I found my place at the corner of Valhallavägen/Odengatan and as it was a good spot I called it, and stayed there for the time it took for everyone to walk by. I should have bought a copy of the BRUXanvisningen. A leaflet that will tell the story about all the floats, but I kinda forgot about that. Every builder gets 60 copies to sell. But usually it is all about current affairs, politics, student life and more. I will show a few more photos tomorrow.

8 comments:

Andy said...

Wish I were there. I see a lot of happy people.

roentare said...

This is a very fun parade

William Kendall said...

Very unusual!

Stefan Jansson said...

The first real Summer day. I lost one of my bike gloves. Then, a day later while going through my photos from the carnival, I found it on a photo I had taken of two people hugging!

RedPat said...

That looks like so much fun and everyone is enjoying themselves.

Bill said...

A great and fun time.

roentare said...

Such a vibrant city with so much energy and fun in the parade

Bob Crowe said...

Quite a spectacle. We have been to Copenhagen and Oslo but not Stockholm. We really should visit.