Wednesday, July 06, 2022

The Segway Police

The Segway Police
Out shooting at Swedenborgsgatan, one of many "sommargågator" (a street closed off for traffic during the Summer), I spotted this police officer out patrolling on his Segway. I have seen him in the area before, he reminds me of a British actor, but this was the first time I managed to get a good portrait of him. The police station is just a couple of blocks away at Torkel Knutssonsgatan. Torkel was himself Lord High Constable of Sweden some 700 years ago. As you can see, this modern day officer comes prepared with a fire extinguisher, first aid kit and probably much more. Seconds after spotting me, he gave me a peace sign, but I had already stopped shooting by then.

8 comments:

s.c said...

Nice portrait but a guy you don't want trouble with.

William Kendall said...

Segways are not in much use here. We do see cops- and medics- on bikes in certain areas.

Bill said...

Wonderful potrait. I haven't seen a segway in years.

Stefan Jansson said...

They were out in full force during the Stockholm Marathon a while back. I met a bicycle police earlier today, but he was too quick for me, and was gone before I had time to take a photo.

RedPat said...

He looks so serious. He reminded me of Borje Salming.

JudithK said...

And he has a tattoo! I had to look up Borje Alming, as RedPat made me curious. Hockey! I wouldn't want to tangle with this guy anyway....just do what he says. Just as s.c. mentioned.

Stefan Jansson said...

Close, but no cigar. The icehockey legend is called Börje Salming.

JudithK said...

I left off the s at the beginning. Otherwise, I was spot on. Ha. Of course I had to look it up.....not a hockey follower. Typo. Duh.