Thursday, June 17, 2021

Gazelle Ultimate

Gazelle Ultimate C8
I know. But it looked so good. And I really wanted a new bike so I figured why not try an eBike? So that is what I did. This is a Gazelle Ultimate C8. Been out on three rides with it so far and I am happy to report that with this bike there are no more uphill climbs! The Bosch engine works great, the motor is silent, there are eight gears and no chain this is a belt driven bike. You have to pedal to get the motor running so it is still a real bicycle and there is a law in the EU that prevents anyone using a motor if you bike faster than 25 km/h. There is a way around that but I don't have any plans to test that just yet.

12 comments:

Andy said...

Sure... why not. If people can have electric cars why not bicycles. Enjoy.

s.c said...

Yes one of the better Gazelle bikes but here in amsterdam the electric v.Moof is very popular but with a middle motor you can't go wrong. I have seen to much people lying on the ground with the motor in the front wheel. Succes.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh come on Steffe, that's not really cycling is it 😉 Kidding, enjoy!

Marleen said...

Looks great. Have fun with it!

William Kendall said...

Quite a bike.

Stefan Jansson said...

I took it to Stockholm and back yesterday. Worked like a charm. There are a few climbs that usually bothers a tired cyclist, but not any more!

Bill said...

The bike looks great! Now it's time to enjoy and have fun with it. Happy biking!

RedPat said...

You can now go miles and miles!

Rockinon said...

I wonder if they sell those in Canada?

JudithK said...

So I guess you're not going in for speed racing....illegal and all. That does seem like a good idea....what's wrong with going along sedately? Of course I'm old.

Luis Gomez said...

It looks great! Glad for you. Congrats and enjoy it!

21 Wits said...

You never know what you may be missing if you don’t try it!