Sunday, April 12, 2020

Super-post-Panamax

Super-post-Panamax Norvik
The two Super-post-Panamax cranes at the new Norvik port in Nynäshamn. They are 120 meters high and 130 meters wide. They weigh 2000 tonnes and can lift 80 tonnes. The port will open for business in May. Driving towards the port on Friday I read out some of the crane statistics to my friends in the car, and they responded, no no no, we were here last week for a quick look and the cranes aren't really all that big. Turns out they really are that big. My friends had been there before the cranes were operational.

7 comments:

s.c said...

Impressive cranes. For a moment I thought what a big swings you have in Sweden.

Bill said...

At first, I thought they were swings too. :)

Bob Crowe said...

Now that I'm home a lot I must get out of my bad habits and visit my friends blogs more often. It is hard to imagine the size of these cranes. Our arch is 193 m. We have taken harbor tours of Bremerhaven and Hamburg but when you are confronted with so many no one stands out.

JudithK said...

So you are all riding in one car?

Stefan Jansson said...

Yes, Judith all three of us.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

They certainly are big Steffe, from certain angles they remind me of mechanical giraffes, at least the similar cranes I see in Fremantle harbour do 😉

JudithK said...

Brave young men to ride together. All my old lady friends, including me, are afraid to get too close. Well, enjoy, and thanks for your posts. I do like to see what's going on over there.....