Friday, March 22, 2019

No More Birch Forest

No More Birch Forest No more bird song
Back when the highway, (Nynäsvägen), to Stockholm was built the municipality planted birches along what was supposed to be a green alleyway for pedestrians. For some reason the project was never finished. Later this part of Söderby in Handen was transformed to a shopping area that today houses ICA, Systembolaget and Biltema. One little birch forest was saved from the building plans and I can't remember how many photos I have taken there over the years. This past Winter the forest was levelled to make room for a bigger Biltema store. I have tagged a few photos from here with Söderby björkskog.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Pave over paradise to put up a parking lot. Or a store.

RedPat said...

I remember your pics of the birch forest!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That's so sad Steffe, all those lovely birch trees ✨

Stefan Jansson said...

Luckily for me there are quite a few other birch forests around here that I also visit every now and then, and no one will build anything there just yet.