Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Boston Pickles Anyone?

Boston Pickles Anyone?
Back in the early 1950s the founder of Felix, Herbert Felix decided to come up with a product made of the end pieces from pickled gherkins. His employee Sixten Holmquist came up with the recipe for the pickle mix that was going to be used with fast foods like hot dogs. They didn't know what to call it so the company employees took part in a naming contest and in the end it was Herbert's secretary Wivi Peving that came up with the name, Bostongurka.

3 comments:

Lowell said...

I'll pass on the hot dog and the Boston pickles. :)

William Kendall said...

I haven't had one of those in a long time.

Bill said...

That reminds me of Saturdays spent at my grandmother's house when I was young. Homemade beans and hot dogs and with relish she also made like in the photo. Haven't had one of these in years.