Friday, October 30, 2015

Ormsta Village

Östergården Jordbruksland
A few of the old farms at Ormsta in a rural part of Haninge. Östergården and Ormsta Skattegården. If you understand the local lingo you can read a few facts about Ormsta at Haninge.org. The land around here is owned by the church and the farmland is used by the farmer at Hammarby Gård, Rolf Norlin. It was a beautiful day when I took these photos. I climbed up a hunting blind at Holmen from where I had a good view over the forest and fields. It is moose hunting season so I didn't dare walk into the forest but I could hear a lot of shooting while I ate my lunch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh first picture is awesome. Love it.

Lasse Jansson said...

Ett välbekant jordbrukslandskap trots att jag aldrig varit där. Så ser det ju ut lite här och var i vår del av Sverige. Den översta bilden tycker jag andas idyll och tradition, gillar den mycket!

William Kendall said...

The first shot's a beauty. The farm buildings remind me of some here.