Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stranger #48

Björn Virving

After looking at all the cars at the classic car meet, I decided to pick the coolest car and ask the owner to participate in the 100 Strangers Project. This is Björn Virving from Västerås. His car is unique. It's the worlds only Volvo Vera. He built it himself some ten years ago. Originally it was a Volvo 162. Over a period of 18 months he figured the work took him around 1200 hours! This was actually his first classic car meet. He told me that his wife picked the name Vera. Björn has a summerhouse at Dalarö in Haninge and as the meet ended all the cars drove down to Dalarö. A few years ago Björn and his wife drove down to Spain with the Vera. From Barcelona they took the ferry over to Mallorca, which to me sounds like a great holiday. Talk about travelling in style! This is my 48th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set.

Volvo Vera